For May is Better Speech and Hearing Month we have more speech, language, and voice trivia questions.
1. Speech-language pathologists can work in which of the following settings:
B. Armed Forces
D. Rehabilitation Facilities
E. All of the above
2. Colin Firth starred in this movie about King George VI, who famously stuttered throughout his life….
_________ _______________ ________________
3. This famous actress/singer suffered an “ill-fated” vocal cord operation and as a result her vocal range is “a fragile alto” now.
(Hint: She starred in “The Sound of Music”)
4. Which famous late night talk show host has Bachelor of Arts in speech-language pathology?
A. Jay Leno
B. Jimmy Kimmel
C. Jimmy Fallon
D. David Letterman
5. Boys are 5 times more likely than girls to have autism.
6. About how many children with autism do not speak?
7. Children on the autism spectrum have a marked impairment in the use of nonverbal cues such as eye to eye gaze, facial expression, body posture and gestures to regulate social interaction.
8. How many people have communication disorders in the United States today?
A. 100, 000
B. 10 million
C. 40 million
D. 20 million
8. How many Americans have some degree of hearing loss?
A. 1 million
B. 10 million
C. 20 million
D. 36 million\
10. About how many children have noticeable speech disorders by 1st grade?
11. Poor communication skills can lead to problems in…
A. Participating in classroom instruction
B. Developing and maintaining relationships
C. Understanding classroom instruction
D. All of the above
What does the acronym “AAC” stand for?
A. Alternative communication for people who cannot speak through verbal output
B. A television network
C. A language treatment program for children who have difficulty understanding language
D. A cable company
May is Better Speech and Hearing Month. So we are going to post speech and language related trivia questions throughout the month. Here are 4 questions to start things off.
1. Dysphagia is a disorder of…
A. Word finding difficulty
B. Developmental language difficulty
C. Swallowing Difficulty
2. The Tympanic Membrane is also known as…
B. Ear Drum
C. Inner Ear
3. Which fact about fluency disorders (or stuttering) is not true?
A. Boys are three times more likely than girls to stutter
B. Stuttering affects roughly 3 million Americans
C. Bruce Willis stuttered as a child.
D. Stuttering only happens when a person is nervous.
4. What does the acronym ASHA stand for?
We are supporting the Cumberland Walk For Williams on May 16, 2015